Epoxy floor coatings are most commonly used for commercial and industrial flooring. It is usually applied over concrete floors to provide a high-performance, smooth and durable surface that will withstand many years of wear and tear. Epoxy coating is resilient and will seal the floor, bringing beauty to well traffic areas. If your floor is uncoated and left open to damage epoxy will shield your floor from further damage.
So what is epoxy? It is made of epoxide resin, polyamine hardener and a few other additives. When it isn’t being used as a coating for floors, it is often used as an adhesive. As it mixes, it forms a chemical reaction that gives floors a distinct quality. This reaction produces stability and endurance to the flooring on the surface. This process then seals and cures the surface it is applied to, forming a firm bond.
These advantages of epoxy floor coatings will help you determine if this is the right choice for your space.
- Epoxy floors are available in a variety of colors and designs
- They are easy to maintain since they are seamless and liquid-tight, therefore easy to clean
- The floors are resistant to a large number of chemicals like acids and solvents
- Because of the fast application there is only a minimal amount of work interruption
- It is suitable for heavy use and mechanical loads like forklifts in warehouses or production areas
- The floor coating is surprisingly useful for preserving concrete surfaces and shows a high gloss finish